Can I recover Rediffmail account without paying Rs. 49?

• I have not used my rediff account for too long. Now when I try to login it is asking me to pay Rs. 49 plus taxes to recover my account.

1. Is there a way I can activate or recover my account without paying this amount?
    2. Suppose if I pay this amount. Will I get back my old emails and data?

rediffmail asking 49 for account recovery

I am attaching a screenshot for reference. Thanks in advance.

• Admin

Hi Bharath, it is sad that rediff is asking yu money for using your account which was offered free of cost to you. That's another story that unused accounts continue to use system resources without bringing in any sort of revenue. So, if it is as per their TOS, it is a fair decision. Now, coming to your questions:

1. There is no other way to activate your account. If the syste is asking you to make a payment, then you just have to do that before gaining access to your rediffmail account.
    2. No, you will not get your old emails. This is already specificed in the screenshot which you have attached. See where it reads "data associated with your mailbox has been deleted".

Rediff must have warned you with several notification emails before finally deactivating your account and deleting all associated data. So, you won't get it back anymore.

Now, you should rethink if you really want to re-open your account. Making a payment of Rs. 49 + taxes will only make sense if you intend to use Rediffmail in the future.