Nokia 7 (TA1041) cellular network issue

• Hi, I have bought nokia 7(TA-1041) from china. Here in india am unable to search 2G network. It catches only 4G network. Some times if the 3G signal is too strong it shows a bit of it. Can anyone suggest a solution for it. Am using oreo update 8.1.0

• Admin

Hi Aks, which operator are you using it with? It tends to work fine at either 2G or 3G or 4G with my Vodafone SIM. Your issue might be related to the network bands used in China vs those used in India.

• @singhnsk Hi Singhnsk, Thanks for your reply. Am using airtel, Tried with vodafone and BSNL. Same result. My friend using the same model which is bought from china and it is working flawless. Am wondering what is going on with my cell.

• Admin

@aks What I know is that there are some people who have had issues with data connectivity after updating to Android 8.1. So, they are currently staying on Android 8.0 and not agreeing to update. There's a thread on XDA regarding that. That said, I have not encountered anybody whose device does not connect to 2G networks.

Is the issue from the beginning? Like when your device was still running 7.1? Did you try to manually set the preferred network type as 2G? Does the phone entirely lose reception at this point?

Can you also please check how your device's preferred network is set when you dial *#*#4636#*#* and go to phone information? Mine is set as TD-SCDMA/CDMA/UMTS and it just works on Vodafone's 2G, 3G, and 4G networks. My Android build version is 00CN_2_24B_SP02. Hopefully, yours is also the same.

Is your friend's device also updated to Android 8.1? I'm not sure why there are differences on the same device running the same OS version.

• @singhnsk,

1. Is the issue from the beginning? - YES

2. Like when your device was still running 7.1? - YES

3. Did you try to manually set the preferred network type as 2G? -YES

• @singhnsk said in Nokia 7 (TA1041) cellular network issue:

Does the phone entirely lose reception at this point? - YES Mine is set as TD-SCDMA/CDMA/UMTS - MINE IS ALSO SAME Android build version is 00CN_2_24B_SP02 - MINE IS ALSO SAME Is your friend's device also updated to Android 8.1? - YES. RUNNING SMOOTHLY

• @singhnsk

Hi Any suggestion??

• Admin

@aks The only thing I can probably say in this regards is to try and flash the stock (factory) software using OST. For it to work, you will need to unlock the bootloader. If that does not solve it, it would be a likely hardware issue with the modem.