Export Messages from Asha 501 to PC

• could you please guide me that how can i back up message in my nokia asha 501?

• Admin

You cannot backup the messages alone. Settings > Backup and you can take a backup of almost everything combined.. Messages, Settings, Calendar, Alarm and more :)

• Hello, I am looking for a way, to to export an view my sms-messages on my computer from my asha 501 too. I managed to export all content (sms, calendar, contacts). But here´s the problem: The export file is a *.mbk file and I was not able to open it in an usefull way. I found out, that mbk is a file format from database IV, but that dos not help. So please give me a tip for a working database viewer that helps me to convert my sms into CSV or anything similar from the asha mbk-backup file.

I would be very glad about any solution for this problem. Greets

• Admin

Its a tar archive. So extract MKV using 7zip and the use a DB explorer to open those db files. you need to look into messages.db.

• i have taken backup from nokia asha 501 and i want to view the messages in pc please guide me ..

• Thank you very much: the .TAR is the thing I was missing. The use a standard SQLite Viewer on the .db files!

• Thank you very much: the .TAR is the thing I was missing. The use a standard SQLite Viewer on the .db files!

• Admin

Good to know that you finally figured that out. Enjoy!

• Anyone who successfully viewed their message in pc? Having problems with my messages too. It seems Nokia themselves don't know how to treat this problem.

• I got the msg.db file and I opened it using a DB Explorer. Now how do I copy the messages to a PC/Android Device ? the DB explorer is DB Browser for SQLite. Thanks in advance