Nokia 7.2 Magisk installation
Hi, i followed instructions here, downloaded exact file for my phone update, installed it from cmd: C:\platform-tools>fastboot boot C:\platform-tools\8_October-2020-patched(by-techmesto.com).img Sending 'boot.img' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 2.074s] Booting OKAY [ 10.193s] Finished. Total time: 12.369s After phone rebooted there no magisk manager in it and nothing at all found?
Hi @ramstein, you need to install the Magisk Manager app before you boot the patched boot image. Did you try it the right way? :)
I have the same problem. i followed the intructions:
- downloaded and installed Magisk Manager on the phone
- downloaded the July image file from the link (my phone displays July security patch as the present version)
- rebooted with adb reboot-bootloader
- rebooted with fastboot boot 5_July-2020-patched(by-techmesto.com).img
- Terminal diplay says downloading and booting the boot.img as 'OKAY'
- the phone reboots, but not into magisk, but into the normal Nokia/Android 10
Have I missed something? I have a Nokia 7.2 / TA-1195 with Android 10 and security patch July 1. 2020. Newer security patches are available but fail to install. The bootloader was unlocked by you 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to install a AOSP ROM ever since. I got stuck in bootloops a few times but so far no success in installing Magisk or TWRP. Have you got any advice?
Hi @ptexas I believe what you are doing is right and Magisk is working. When you boot the Magisk patched boot image, you'll be booted to the Android system only. Magisk is a root utility for Android, which means you get root/superuser access when you have Magisk installed/loaded. So, if you want root access within your Android, you can follow the remaining instructions in the guide to complete the full installation.
If you are looking to install a ROM, then you do not need root/Magisk. What you need is TWRP (or fastboot directly if the ROM is an
imgfile that you can flash via fastboot). So, something like:
- Flash TWRP (
fastboot flash boot twrp.img) to your boot partition (since there is no recovery partition in Android anymore)
- Reboot to TWRP
- Flash the ROM within TWRP
- Change the active boot slot
- Erase userdata (factory reset)
Adding to that, please do follow any device-specific instructions. For example for the Nokia 7.2, you will also need to flash vbmeta with disabling flags included. Please follow the XDA threads about the steps to install.
Let me know how that goes :)
- Flash TWRP (